Hon'ble Minister Sri Ratan Lal Nath is holding the charge of Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of Tripura.
The Department is headed by the Legal Remembrancer (L.R.) & Secretary, Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department [L.R. & Principal Secretary in case the incumbent is a Super Time Scale Pay holder of Tripura Judicial Service].
L.R. & Secretary is assisted by two Additional Secretaries, three Deputy Secretaries and two Under Secretaries. Except one post of Deputy Secretary and one post of Under Secretary, all other posts of officers in the Law Department are the cadre posts of the Tripura Judicial Service. One Officer from Tripura Secretariat Service in the rank of Deputy Secretary is also posted in the Law Department.
The set-up of the officers posted in this Department is as follows:-
• L.R. & Secretary, Law (TJS): Mr. Goutam Debnath
• Addl. L.R. & Addl. Secretary, Law (TJS): VACANT
• Addl. Legislative Counsel & Addl. Secretary, Law (TJS): Shri Sankar Lal Dutta
• Deputy Secretary, Law (Ex-cadre) : Mr. Sopan Chaudhuri
• DLR & Dy. Secretary, Law (TJS): Mr. Ashit Debnath
• DLC & Deputy Secretary, Law (TJS): Mr. Sarbajeet Choudhury
• Deputy Secretary, Law (TSS): Mr. Amal Kishore Debbarma
• ALC & Under Secretary, Law (TJS): Miss. Surabhi Shekhar
• Under Secretary, Law (Ex-Cadre): Mr.Sankha Subhra Datta
The Ministerial Staff of the Department belong to the Secretariat Service. However, the staff posted in the office of the Advocate General, Government Advocates, Public Prosecutors and Government Pleaders belong to the Legal Remembrancer’s Establishment. They have their separate recruitment rules. There is separate budget provision for the Legal Remembrancer’s Establishment.