Hon’ble Minister Sri Ratan Lal Nath is holding the charge of Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of Tripura.
The Department is headed by the Legal Remembrancer (L.R.) & Secretary, Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department [L.R & Principal Secretary in case the incumbent is a super Time Scale pay holder of Tripura Judicial Service].
L.R & Secretary is assisted by two Additional Secretaries, three Deputy Secretaries and two under Secretaries. Except one post of Deputy Secretary and one post of Under Secretary, all other posts of officers in the Law Department are the cadre of posts of the Tripura Judicial Service. One Officer from Secretariat in the rank of Deputy Secretary is also posted in the Law Department.
The set-up of the officers posted in this Department is as follows:-
- L.R & Secretary, Law (TJS):- Shri Biswajit Palit.
- Addl. L.R & Addl. Secretary, Law (TJS):- VACANT.
- Addl. Legislative Counsel & Addl. Secretary, Law (TJS):- Shri Sankar Lal Dutta.
- Deputy Secretary, Law (Ex-Cadre):- Shri Sopan Chaudhuri.
- DLC & Deputy Secretary, Law (TJS):- Shri Sarbajeet Choudhury.
- DLR & Dy. Secretary, Law (TJS):- Shri Ramyangshu Shekhar Bhattacharya.
- Deputy Secretary, Law (TSS):- Shri Amal Kishore Debbarma.
- ALC & Under Secretary, Law (TJS):- Shri Samuel Molsom.
- Under Secretary, Law (Ex-cadre):- Shri Sankha Subhra Datta.
The Ministerial Staff of the Department belong to the Secretariat Service. However, the staff posted in the office of the Advocate General, Government Advocates, Public Prosecutors and Government Pleaders belong to the Legal Remembrancer Establishment.