Hon'ble Minister Sri Tapan Chakraborty is holding the charge of Law Department, as well as the Parliamentary Affairs Department.
The Department is headed by the Legal Remembrancer & Secretary, Law & Parliamentary Affairs. He is assisted by two Additional Secretaries, three Deputy Secretaries and two Under Secretaries. Except one post of Deputy Secretary and one post of Under Secretary, all other posts of officers in the Law Department are cadre posts of the Tripura Judicial Service.
The names of the officers now posted in this Department are:-
- 1. Addl.Secretary, L.R & Secretary, Mr.D.M.Jamatia
- 2. Addl.Secretary, Law (TJS): Mr.Jesthamani Murasingh
- 3. Dy.Secretary.Law (Ex-cadre) : Sri Sopan Chaudhuri (Head of Office)
- 4. DLC & Dy. Secretary, Law (TJS): Mrs.Jhuma Datta Chowdhury
- 5. DLR & Dy. Secretary, Law (TJS):Mr. Ashit Debnath
- 6. ALC & Under Secretary, Law (TJS): Mr. Rahul Roy
- 7. Under Secretary, Law (TJS): Mr.Sankha Subhra Datta
The Ministerial Staff of the Department belong to the Secretariat Service. However, the staff posted in the office of the Advocate General, Government Advocates, Public Prosecutors and Government Pleaders belong to the Legal Remembrancer’s Establishment. They have their separate recruitment rules. There is separate budget provision for the Legal Remembrancer’s Establishment.